Thursday, April 14, 2011

Behind Closed doors...

Have you ever interrupted a couple having sex?  My coworker did.  It was both hilarious and awkward at the same time.  Let me tell you what went down...

I received a call from a Japanese guest around 8:30pm who, in her very broken English, was asking me to order her a pizza.  It took about four or five tries for me to understand what she wanted me to do, and that was just the beginning.  I proceeded to tell her (here is my side of the phone call):
"sorry ma'am, you have to either call them and order what you'd like and give them a credit card number over the phone, or come down to the lobby with your credit card and then I can call for you."
...
"No, I can't do it now. I don't have your credit card."
...
"Oh, you can't come down?  Ok, can you read the credit card number to me?"
...
"Ok, I understand if you don't want to give me the card number, but then you have to call them yourself."
...
"No, you have to call them and they'll deliver to your room."
...
"Sorry, I can't order it for you.  I can't pay for it without your card."
...
"You can call from your room and order it yourself."
...
"Yes, you can call from your room and order it yourself."
...
At this point, I continued to repeat that last like 6 or 7 times until my coworker (and all the guests in the lobby) looked over to figure out what the heck I was going on about.  I put the guest on hold and explain the situation to "Bob".  He proceeds to take the phone off hold and somehow manages to get the credit card from the guest, and the phone number of the pizza place she wanted to order from.  Bob called the pizza place and discovered that it wasn't a working number.  After quickly calling the guest back, we find out that she was having the same problem and wanted us to try calling, in case she was calling the number incorrectly.

"Bob" told the guest he was going to bring up a menu for a different pizza place that we use often and then she can order from her room.  After a few minutes, he came back down, his face white as a ghost, and he was trying to hold back a laughing fit.  This is how he explained the interaction:

"I knocked on the door and heard shushing really quickly after I knocked, so I knocked again.  A woman cursed, or it sounded like a curse, in a foreign language.  The man said 'one second!'.  Then, there was a loud THUD and male laughter, which leads me to believe that the wife fell off the bed.  She must have quickly gotten her robe on and answered the door all sweaty and frazzled, took the menu, bowed down, and closed the door quickly.  As I walked away, I heard them laughing hysterically!"

My question is, WHAT???  Were they doing it when I was on the phone with her?  How about when they were on the phone with "Bob"?  If not, and they knew we were bringing the menu up, WHY WOULD THEY START THEN????  And weren't they hoping to get pizza delivered?  SO AWKWARD!

All I have to say is thank G-d I wasn't the one to bring the menu up!

Name of the Day:  Apussorn Phungsoondara

No comments:

Post a Comment